It is the mission of the Emergency Services program to provide all aspects of Emergency Management, Planning, Prevention, Protection, Mitigation and Recovery in an all risks hazard environment for the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony.
Office of Emergency Services (OES):
The Office of Emergency Services (OES) has been designated as the entity responsible for all emergency response issues related to emergency management and planning for the RSIC.
OES has one Emergency Services Manager (ESM) who oversees the Emergency Services Program. The ESM was created to manage all of the emergency management and planning functions for the RSIC and coordinates response activities with the Tribal Volunteer Fire Department, the Tribal Emergency Response Commission (TERC), the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), and tribal law enforcement. The ESM serves as the official representative for the RSIC on the Washoe County LEPC, and attends the required meetings.
- Update and implement the RSIC Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) during the calendar year.
- Provide emergency planning for other risk hazards that occur during the calendar year.
- Develop and implement preparedness, prevention, response, mitigation and recovery programs for the RSIC during the calendar year.
- Provide CPR and other life-saving skills to tribal programs and community residents as required during the calendar year.
- Serve as program manager and point of contact (POC) for community emergency response team (CERT).
|National Weather Service (Reno)||http://www.weather.gov/rev/|
|Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District||http://www.washoecounty.us/tmfpd|
|Washoe County CERT||http://wcsovolunteer.org/|
|Emergency Management Institute||http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/|
|Nevada Division of Emergency Management||http://dem.state.nv.us/|
|Nevada State Fire Marshal||http://fire.state.nv.us/|
|Washoe County Emergency Management||http://www.washoecounty.us/em|
|University of Nevada Cooperative Extension||http://livingwithfire.info/index.php?click=resources|
|Federal Emergency Management Agency||http://www.fema.gov/|
|Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)||http://www.cdc.gov/|
|U. S. Fire Administration||http://www.usfa.fema.gov/|
N. David Hunkup
RSIC Emergency Services Manager
Phone: (775) 785-1373, ext. 4373
Fax: (775) 834-0149
1933 Prosperity Street
Reno, NV 89502